Re: [S-R] Re: saros and munkacs does anyone know?

  • McKee June
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2002
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., McKee June <junemckee@y...>
      wrote:
      > I am searching out my grandparents and one of them I
      > think came from saros or I think it is called presov
      > and the other came from Munkacs. I was told by my
      > father that his parents when in hungary lived not
      all
      > that far from each other. Could this be possible
      with
      > these two towns?
      >
      > I am looking for Kolina and Boldizar?
      >
      > thanks,
      > June Mckee

      Before WW I, Slovakia was part of Upper-Hungary
      (Felvid�k) and
      part of Austro-Hungarian Monarchy (1867-1918) and
      earlier the
      Austrian Empire.

      Thank you for all of the useful information. I find it
      very interesting. I checked the ellis island but did
      not find my grandmother Boldizar. I did see some but I
      dont beleive they can be her. Did you get this
      information from the manifest? I think she would have
      arrived around 1906 to 08 sometime. Although my father
      told me that she didnt emigrate that she was visiting
      new york and did come in by way of ellis island but
      ww1 broke out and she was unable to go back. Would she
      still be listed if she had come over visiting? I also
      have no idea about when my grandfather came over. I
      would expect around the same time. They did not know
      each other until they met in New York. I also find
      other Kolinas but the ages that they are can not be
      him.

      thanks,
      june

      http://finance.yahoo.com