Re: [S-R] Marienthal, Saros & Silhavy

  • Konekta
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2002
      Dear M. Frank R.Plichta,
      Please, write me directly to konekta@...
      It seems, I have some Plichtas for you.
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Frank R. Plichta
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 2:55 AM
      Subject: RE: [S-R] Marienthal, Saros & Silhavy

      According to:

      Pripravil Encyklopedický Ústav Sav,
      Veda, Vydavatel'stvo Slovenskej Akadémie Vied
      1977/1978, Bratislava

      "Country Dictionary Now and Then on Slovakia"
      Prepared by: Encyclopedic Institute of the Slovak Academy of Science
      1977/1978, Bratislava

      Vol. 3, pages 171-172: The town of Továrne (Sk), was known by the name
      Towarné (Sk) and Tavarna (Mag.) since 1808. Továrne (Sk) was in Zupa
      Zemplínska; okres Varnov, kraj Presov until 1960; then okres Michalovce,
      after 1968 okres Vranov nad Toplou, kraj Východoslovenský. Included in the
      history section is a very brief mention of the family Hadik-Barkóczyovcov in
      the 17th century. Population in 1869 was 444 and never got over 600 until
      1961 when it was 652.

      Vol. 2, pages 230-231: The town of Marianka (Sk), beginning in 1472 was
      known by its current name and Máriavölgy (mag.) and Marienthal (D) and
      Wallis Mariana (lat.). Marianka (Sk) was located in Zupa Bratislavská;
      okres Bratislava-okolie, kraj Bratislava until 1960; then okres
      Bratislava-vidiek, kraj Západoslovenský. Population in 1869 was 732 and did
      not reach over 1K until 1940 when it was 1,024.

      Frank R. Plichta
      "Searching the World for PLICHTAs"
      "Ja hl'adanie na celom svete za PLICHTA."
      "Das die Welt fuer PLICHTA suchen."
      "Je cherche le monde pour la famille PLICHTA."
      "Buscando el mundo por los PLICHTA."
      "Quaerere summa reum familia PLICHTA."
      I would appreciate receiving ANY information, about ANY Plichta, from ANY
      place, at ANY time in history.