Ellis Island web sites

  • Mebjwb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
      Hi,

      Can anyone give me the addresses for the Ellis Island Web sites that are
      often mentioned in your messages?

      Thanks

      Marge Bonifield

    • patricia gavel
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
        www.ellisislandrecords.org sign in as new user. It's free. when you find a person that you want to check out, click view original manifest, then beside it you can click enlarge. You will be able to read it. It tells the line the person was listed. Sometimes there are two pages, one with the name and the other with where their destiny. You can't copy original list but you can copy printed text and the ship if available. Remember, they wrote down what they thought they heard our immigrant families say. Sometimes you may find a close spelling to your surname. Don't count them out.
        Mebjwb@... wrote:Hi,

        Can anyone give me the addresses for the Ellis Island Web sites that are
        often mentioned in your messages?

        Thanks

        Marge Bonifield

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT