Koscik (Koschik) in Upor

  • mkoschik@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2002
      I'm going to visit Slovakia soon to search for information on my family. My
      parents were raised in the village of Upor, which I understand is located
      about halfway between Kosice and Trebisov. My father was Michael Koschik (in
      Slovak it was
      Koscik with a small "v" above the "c") and my mother was Mary Halapin
      Koschik.
      I've looked in the online phone book for Slovakia and found a number of
      Kosciks in
      Trebisov, but could find nothing about Upor. Does anyone recommend phoning
      the Kosciks in Trebisov, either from the states or once I'm in country? I
      plan on looking at church records in Upor. What other sources should I
      check? I'd appreciate any advise anyone can give.