Dimburg

  • Joseph zima
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2002
      I am searching for the village of Dimburg (and what it
      is known as today) and don't know if it was located in
      Slovakia or Austria. Thanks!!!

      http://finance.yahoo.com
    • frankly1us
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2002
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., Joseph zima <jjzima@y...> wrote:
        > I am searching for the village of Dimburg (and what it
        > is known as today) and don't know if it was located in
        > Slovakia or Austria. Thanks!!!

        Dimburg looks like a German spelling.
        Dimburg was also called Dimburk.
        Before WW I , it was called Dimvár (H) and was located in
        the old Hungarian Pozsony megye (county) which included
        Bratislava and the northern region.
        Your village is now called Suchohrad (Sk) and is located west
        of Jaklon^ovce, Slovakia at the current Czech Republic border.

        R.C. parish church records (1788-1893) exist for Suchohrad.
        Listed under Záhorská Ves.

        Since the LDS-Mormons have not filmed the records at the Main
        Bratislava Archives you will need to write the Archives to search
        the church records of your surnames.
        > http://finance.yahoo.com
      • Milan L Huba
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
          Hi:
          Dimburg is in Western Slovkia on the Austrian border. It is now called
          Suchohrad.

          I have some ancesters that come from Dimburg. What is the name of your
          family from Dimburg?

          Milan Huba