Wife's surname after husband dies

  • squinch42
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2002
      In researching my family name in Orlov I often find the male passing
      away before the female. At least I don't see any indication in the
      LDS films where the woman is identified as the widow of John Doe. I
      see this as two possible questions: "(1) If the widow remarried,
      would the marraige record generally show her maiden surname or her
      late husband's surname?" and (2)"If she died 10 years before or after
      the husband, is their any reason the death record wouldn't use her
      married surname?"