Ancestors

  • Deb Blabolil
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 1999
      I am looking for the surname of BLABOLIL from Bohemia and any relation to
      it. I have relatives in current Czech and New York and New Jersey and
      Illinois. Also any one with knowledge of OLGA SVOBODA or MARIE ZID which
      married BLABOLIL.

      Does anyone know how to obtain records from Bohemia and the cost????

      Thank you

      Deb Blabolil
      Office of Annual Giving
      Case Western Reserve University
      10900 Euclid Avenue, Baker 206
      Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7036
      phone: (216)-368-4980 or (216)-368-6233
      1-800-304-4483
      Fax: (216)-368-6926
      e-mail: dlb14@...
    • sabinov@xxxxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 1999
        Hi Deb and Welcome to the List!

        A good site for information on obtaining records from the Czech Archives
        , which covers what was Bohemia for the most part, is the CGSI site at
        http://cgsi.org/

        There are many archives to submit to tho, not just one central one, so
        you will have to do some research on which one to send to.

        My own experience was very good as the end result turned up good
        information going two generations back.... however, it took so long I
        actually forgot I sent in the query.... at least 8 months. Then one day
        I got a registered letter saying they found information, to send $34 US
        and $4 more if I wanted a map of the area. I did so and about a month
        later I got a typed one page report, in Czech, giving me the names of my
        greatgrandfathers parents and their parents.

        I must work on a further study, but have not requested it yet. However,
        I would recommend it to anyone, but caution you that you must send to
        the correct archives and that it takes a long time.

        Hope this helps you.....

        Maura