Canadian Passenger Lists

  • vwonxtc
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2002
      Where could i find information for 1944 Passenger Lists into Halifax?
      I know the name of the Ship, the month, and the year

      M.S. Erria
      December 1944.

      Looking for the name Maczek, Jolan.
    • frankly1us
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2002
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "vwonxtc" <maze_r@h...> wrote:
        > Where could i find information for 1944 Passenger Lists into
        Halifax?
        > I know the name of the Ship, the month, and the year
        >
        > M.S. Erria
        > December 1944.
        >
        > Looking for the name Maczek, Jolan.

        WW 2 was being fought in December 1944 in Europe.
        The American Army was fighting the Battle of the Bulge.
        The Soviet Army was fighting the Germans in eastern Slovakia
        and Central Poland and Budapest, Hungary.
        Surnames could not have come from German occupied Europe.
        Perhaps from U.K. or England ?

        Halifax, Nova Scotia was a Canadian port.

        Canadian Genealogy

        http://www-personal.umich.edu/%7Ecgaunt/canada.html#CANADIAN

        http://www.ednet.ns.ca/educ/heritage/pier21/resour
        ce_centre/listships.html