[Admin] Spam

  • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 10:49 AM
      Unfortunately, spammers have now realized that they have to subscribe to
      lists in order to send spam. They've gotten smarter as the spam filters
      get better.

      No one can do anything about those kind of messages getting through
      unless I either (1) prevent anyone with a yahoo or other free email
      address from posting to this list or (2) put the list on moderated which
      means I'd have to approve every post beforehand.

      The best thing to do is use your delete button. I try and take care of
      it when I see it, which means I take the "person" off the list and ban
      them. But all they do is rejoin with another fake email.

      The thing NOT to do is to reply to the list about it, especially
      including the offensive post in your reply.

      Spam unfortunately is a way of life on the internet. Use your delete key
      and just go on.

      Maura
      SR listowner

      Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...