Re: deported

  • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2002
      I bet you "found" that online...... if you look at the actual microfilms
      there are pages at the end of each ship manifest which lists why those
      who were detained were detained, who was let in and who was deported and
      usually why (sickness, illness, no one to support them, unable to
      support themselves are the usual reasons I have seen)

      To find the actual microfilm and order it via your FHC, see the section
      on NY arrivals on my Helpful Hints page

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...
      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      SHAMROCK ROOTS homepage

      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
    • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2002
        Maureen,

        IF she was viewing the manifest online, she obviously didn't look at the
        last pages where the deported were listed, OR they are not included ....
        I don't know since I don't choose to pay for those viewings. The point
        of my response is that the reasons for being deported are listed at the
        end of each manifest, something the original poster didn't appear to
        know.

        You don't need to reply to the contrary whenever I reply to someone
        about using the FHC and using actual microfilms. You can send your
        comments to me personally instead of the entire list.

        Maura
        Listowner SR

        Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...