Re: [S-R] Re: TRANSCRIPTION PLEASE - "ZUPA XX"

  • Pat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2002
      Thank you for this - you're never too old to learn! In fact, the ship's
      manifest was for the year 1929, however, perhaps the immigrants were more
      familiar with the old term and automatically used that when giving their place
      of origin. Just a guess, but I never noticed the term "okres" anywhere for that
      year on the manifest, and unfortunately I only copied a part of the film so
      cannot be sure it wasn't used elsewhere.
      Regards,
      Pat