Surname Buksar from Lieskovany, Slovakia

  • Lisa Baker
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 1999
      Hi,

      I just found the name of the village were my great grandfather John Steven
      Buksar was born: Lieskovany, Slovakia.

      He emigrated to the United States in 1882 coming to Connellsville, Fayette
      County PA. The family was Roman Catholic.

      Can someone help me locate were to look for church records for Lieskovany?
      Was there a village parish? Any pointers on were to begin my search would be
      greatly appreciated. Thanks

      Lisa Rhea Trimbath Baker
      Hemet, California
      twosocks@...
      http://www.koan.com/~twosocks/genealogy.html
    • James A Honeychuck
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 1999
        Lisa Baker wrote:

        > From: "Lisa Baker" <twosocks@...>
        >
        > Hi,
        >
        > I just found the name of the village were my great grandfather John Steven
        > Buksar was born: Lieskovany, Slovakia.
        >
        > He emigrated to the United States in 1882 coming to Connellsville, Fayette
        > County PA. The family was Roman Catholic.
        >
        > Can someone help me locate were to look for church records for Lieskovany?
        > Was there a village parish? Any pointers on were to begin my search would be
        > greatly appreciated. Thanks
        >
        > Lisa Rhea Trimbath Baker
        > Hemet, California
        > twosocks@...
        > http://www.koan.com/~twosocks/genealogy.html
        >
        > Here you go:
        http://www.lds.org/site_main_menu/frameset-global-fam_his.html

        Post again with your followup questions.
        Good luck in your search.

        Jim
      • Jenny Brichta
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 14, 1999
          Lieskovany is about a mile SE of Spisska Nova Ves in NE Slovakia. The
          larger town can be seen at:

          http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/

          Jenny