Re: [S-R] MARIA MINAR BAGIN OR MARY MINAR BAGIN

  • John M.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2002
      At 07:13 AM 7/28/02 -0400, you wrote:

      >Searching for information on Maria Minar in Zlate Moravce, Obyce,
      >Topolcianky,topolcany, partizanske region. Anyone with information about
      >records from this area is asked to contact bagin@... with information.
      >Maria Minar was born on JUne 15, 1881 to Jozef Minar and Eva Zsikavszky or
      >Zikowski in what was Moravce and is now Zlate Moravce. She immigrated to
      >Milwaukee Wisconsin in 1903, and married Karol Bagin on September 27, 1913.
      >She became a naturalized citizen of the US on September 18, 1914. She died
      >on May 5, 1952.

      The "Cirkevne Matriky Na Slovensku" lists several locations for Roman
      Catholic, Reformed, Evangelical, and Jewish records. I tried a couple of
      the locations using Place Search at:
      http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp , with no
      success. I'm not certain church records for this area are available at the
      LDS yet.

      As you may have found, using the online SK phone directory, there are
      several Minar listed for Zlate Moravce. There are also four Zikavsky listed.

      John