Re: surname Fratrik

  • frankly1us
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2002
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "swekearls" <swekearls@y...> wrote:
      > My aunt and I are both trying to locate information regarding my
      > Great Grandfather Adam Fratrik. He came to Ellis Island,NY aboard
      > the Kaiser Wilhelm II in 1906. We know nothing of his background.
      > The town name listed on the manifest was Podhorie. Other names listed
      > at various times with the surname Fratrik were Mihaly (Biterfalva),
      > Istvan (Bittarova)they are apparently brothers, but I don't know if
      > they are related to Adam. Does anyone have any information that
      > would help me. Thank you. Karen

      16 surname Fratrik emigrated to U.S. 1892-1924 via Ellis Island (NYC)

      Michal (Sk) Mihály (H), in 1921 was from Bitarová which is located 102 mile=
      NE of Bratislava, between Bytc^a and Z^ilina in western Slovakia.
      Vincze (H) Vincent (E), in 1905 was from Bitarová.

      Alibeta, in 1910 was from Bitarová.
      István (H), Stefan (Sk) in 1906 was from Bitarová.
      Mihály (H) Michal (Sk), in 1907 was from Bitarová, which was Bitérfalva in =
      Hungarian.

      Adam, in 1906 was from Podhorie (Sk)
      There are 3 places called Podhorie located in Slovakia.
      Podhorie 1 is located 100 miles NE of Bratislava and 3 miles SW of
      Bitarová.
      Podhorie pri Z^iline (Podhorie before Z^ilna)

      Adam, in 1909 was from Zsolnaberkas which is a Hungarian spelling.
      Z^ilina (Sk) was called Zsolna in Hungarian.

      Maria, in 1910 and Maria in 1912 and Stefan in 1910 were from Tölgyesalja (=
      H) which was Zádubnie (Sk) and located 6 miles from Bitarová

      Z^ilina (Zsolna) was the Hungarian administrative center for the area.
      The regional Slovak State Archives for area are located ay Bytc^a.

      The Slovakia telephone directory lists :
      Vincent Frátril under Podhorie.
      3 Frátrik under Bitarová.
      And 28 Frátrik under Z^ilina.