1869 census

  • mimi3_49
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 22, 2002
      1869 of Hungary is available for more than Zemplen County in
      Slovakia. Holic and Kopcany are listed in Nitra County andfilms
      ae available. Go to LDS website, use library catalog. Cliick on
      "place search". Enter "Hungary". 640 entries are listed.
    • frankly1us
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 23, 2002
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "mimi3_49" <macheg@a...> wrote:
        > 1869 of Hungary is available for more than Zemplen County in
        > Slovakia. Holic and Kopcany are listed in Nitra County andfilms
        > ae available. Go to LDS website, use library catalog. Cliick on
        > "place search". Enter "Hungary". 640 entries are listed.

        Well !
        So the LDS does have microfilms of the 1869 Hungarian Census for 12
        of the 76 old Hungarian counties.

        de^kuji vám (Cz)
        d'akujem vám (Sk)
        köszönöm (H)
        danke (G)
      • John M.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 23, 2002
          At 03:11 PM 7/23/02 +0000, you wrote:
          >Well !
          >So the LDS does have microfilms of the 1869 Hungarian Census for 12
          >of the 76 old Hungarian counties.

          I'm either missing my mother's village of Kriz^e (Krizse 1863-1902) in the
          1869 census of Saris or it wasn't included. I found Livov, a village a
          mile or two east, and Bogliarka, a mile or so north of Kriz^e, but I
          haven't found her village. Does anyone know if the census of a village
          might be included with another village. It seems unlikely. The parish
          records for Kriz^e are with the Livov church records, but that was based on
          where the priest was located.

          John
        • ljnester
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 28, 2010
            I was woundering did they take the 1869 census of the villages that are now in Poland that were part of the Austro-Hungary Empire?
          • helene cincebeaux
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 28, 2010
              These were never filmed by the LDS but a number of people on our trips to this area did do a lot of filming - contact me and i can put you in touch with them.

              Some of the records for this area of Spis now Poland are in the archive at Spisska Kapitula but not always accessible.

              Which villages are you looking at?

              helene
              helenezx@...

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 26, 2012
                Hello -

                My area of interest is in and near the area of Zamutov.

                Has that "village" been filmed (and included online)?

                Thank you,

                Rick