Re: KIRALYLUBELLA, HUNGARY

  • frankly1us
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2002
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "eoneill34" <eoneill34@h...> wrote:
      > I just found a listing on a ship manifest in the Ellis Island site
      of
      > a person who may be related to me. This is the first time in over a
      > year of searching that I have come across the surname VISNIAR. My
      > search so far was based in Canada as this is where my parents came
      in
      > the late 1920's.
      > As far as I know we had no relatives in the U.S. so it was a
      surprise
      > to see a JAN VISNIAR on the passenger manifest on the Ellis Island
      > site. This person came to the U.S.A. on June 28, 1910 via Bremen,
      > Germany and had resided in KIRALYLUBELLA, HUNGARY. Would anyone
      know
      > where this would have been? Could it have been near Horne Strhare,
      > Slovakia? This is where my father was born in 1903 so I'm wondering
      > if there may have been a connection.
      > Also, now that I've found this information where do I go from here?
      > How would I find out more about where this person ended up. I see
      he
      > was going to live with a brother named Juro Visniar but I can't
      make
      > out where. Is there somewhere I can write to find out information
      on
      > these Visniars? Nothing shows up when I type in the Visniar surname
      > on the Ancestry site search.
      > I'd be grateful for any information.
      > Thanks,
      > Emily

      L'ubel'a has no church.

      The LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. parish church records (1725-1895) for
      Krá'l'ovská L'ubel'a (Sk) Királylubella (H) and Zemianska
      L'ubel'a and are listed under Liptovské Kl'ac^any.
      Liptovské Klacany, Slovakia, formerly Kelecsény, Liptó
      megye, Hungary.
      Text in Latin and Hungarian.

      film #
      1983101
      1983102
      1983103

      Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

      LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS

      Hungarian English
      rk.-RK. római katholikus Roman Catholic
      ag. AG. ágostai Evangelical (Lutheran)
      izr. IZR. izraelita Israelite (Jewish)

      (Only the film headers are in Slovak)
      In Slovak the matriky (parish church records)
      Krstení = Baptisms (Christenings)
      Sobás^ení = Marriages
      Zomrelí = Deaths

      In Hungarian the matriky are titled anyakönyvek.

      Halottak Anyakönyve = Death Records

      In Latin the matriky are titled matricula.
      Matricula Baptisatorum = Baptism Records
      Matricula Copulatorum = Marriage Records
      Matricula Defunctorum = Death Records

      Church Record Translations

      http://www.bmi.net/jjaso//