Re: [S-R] Jacob Schuck m. Mary Siebold

  • Konekta
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2002
      Dear Fran,
      In cases like this, you are allowed to assume. Assumption is one of the most important genealogical tools.
      What you have now is three surnames, that have something in common.
      In such cases I use Ellis Island to find an idirect lead.
      Let us presume, the Schucks did not live in every town. The same with the other surnames.
      Let us also presume, Jacob Schuck did not marry just any german girl but one, that was close to his mentality, which would mean, her parents were probably from the same area in Germany or Prussia.
      It is also very probable, that Frederika Prince was from the same area or town as Georg Siebold.
      Now, if you have time and motivation, you can go and analyze the Ellis Island data, where the Schucks came from, and make the list of places. The same you do with other two surnames.
      Then you compare the three lists.
      First you look whether there is any place, that is common to all three surnames. If negative, then find and mark all the places you found on a good map and see, if there are any places, very close to each other.
      Such places come in question for record research.
      I think, you should not research Ellis Island later than 1914. The WW1 has mixed so many people, that this would not be good any more.
      With this system I have solved several "hopeless"cases.
      I hope, I gave you and some others an idea.
      Regards,
      Vladimir