Re: Plavec LDS records[S-R] Digest Number 919

  • CPRAMUKA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2002
      Joeanna,
      You wrote:
      "I have found my paternal grandparents in the LDS records from Plavec
      Czechoslovakia (Slovakia). I was wondering if anyone can tell me
      what the cross means above the name of the person in the baptism
      records."

      In Plavec as well as surrounding villages the cross means the child died at some point but not necessarily at birth. The observation column to the right should have the death date. Sometimes it looks like a Roman numeral with a couple of numbers. The Roman numeral is the month of the death.
      --
      Dee Taylor
      CPRAMUKA@...