Re: [S-R] Village Location

  • Adrienne Sowards
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 11, 2002
      I found a Kladzany Slovakia on www.maps.expedia.com

      >From: gcostel64@...
      >To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [S-R] Village Location
      >Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:36:08 +0000
      >
      >I recently found my great-grandmothers Ellis Island
      >record from 1904. Her nationality is listed as Slovak,
      >and the ship manifest lists the place that she came from
      >was Kladsan. Does anybody know where Kladsan is/was? I
      >cannot find it on a map anywhere.
      >
      >Thanks!
      >Gary

    • Konekta
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11, 2002
        I would strongly suggest everyone, who is involved in genealogy, to buy a decent map of the area.
        For as much as the genealogy is about people, it is also about places and without having a good map one is lost and will place questions on and on.
        Regards,
        Vladimir Bohinc
        www.konekta.sk
        >I recently found my great-grandmothers Ellis Island
        >record from 1904. Her nationality is listed as Slovak,
        >and the ship manifest lists the place that she came from
        >was Kladsan. Does anybody know where Kladsan is/was? I
        >cannot find it on a map anywhere.
        >
        >Thanks!
        >Gary

      • R D Gale
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 11, 2002
          >I recently found my great-grandmothers Ellis Island
          >record from 1904. Her nationality is listed as Slovak,
          >and the ship manifest lists the place that she came from
          >was Kladsan. Does anybody know where Kladsan is/was? I
          >cannot find it on a map anywhere.
          >
          >Thanks!
          >Gary

        • John M.
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 11, 2002
            An excellent map resource for Slovakia is the"Podrobny Auto Atlas,
            Slovenska Republika".

            http://www.omnimap.com/catalog/int/65-9588.htm :
            "Slovakia--Autoatlas of the Slovenska Republika (Podrobny Auto Atlas
            Slovensk√° Republika). 1:100,000. Vokensky Kartograficky Ustav. An excellent
            spiral-bound road atlas produced from the military mapping of the country.
            The maps are shaded relief maps with road and tourist information,
            distances between intersections, and more. A multilingual legend and
            detailed index is included. In Slovak. Size is 12-3/;4 x 9-1/2". ISBN
            80-85510-57-X."

            http://pages.prodigy.net/daniel.kisha/_wsn/page3.html

            http://www.jupo.sk/offer/index.html

            John