Researching Religious

  • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2002
      I don't have any specific info on that movie/book (tho you could do a
      search on amazon.com and see what comes up), but if she was a sister in
      the US (you don't say) if you knew her order you could find out a lot.
      Places to find this might be obits of others in the family where she is
      mentioned, old photos which might help identify order by habit worn.

      Most other countries also have places where they keep bios of religious
      (especially priests who in most countries in the old days had to prove
      their legitimacy in order to join). Again, you have to know the order or
      the church they served. I got a handwritten 2 page autobiography of my
      great uncle in Sabinov from the church there.

      For more info on this see the section on Researching Religious on my
      Helpful Hints page, url below.

      Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...
      SHAMROCK ROOTS homepage

      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching