[Admin] Scope of the list

  • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2002
      Folks,

      This is a genealogy list, for genealogy related queries. While I myself
      am a "crafter", this is not the place to discuss these ideas, nor
      recipes etc.

      There are other slovak lists that allow those kinds of posts, but this
      list was set up for those of us who wanted to avoid all those off topic
      posts.

      Thank you for your consideration.

      Maura
      SlovakRoots listowner

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...
      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      SHAMROCK ROOTS homepage

      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
    • mpetzolt
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2004
        Please remember that this list is for -genealogy only-. We exist to
        provide a place for genealogy discussions, questions etc away from
        discussions that are of any other nature.

        Also, remember that right now, I only have sparodic computer access
        due to my personal health situation right now. As a group, we have
        blessedly few problems (thank goodness), however, there was a time in
        the past when things got so out of hand in terms of off topic
        discussions that I had no choice but to set the list to moderated,
        which means every message had to be approved by me first... and in
        the current situation, that may mean that I only get to a computer
        once a week.... I doubt that is what anyone wants.

        We are all adults here and are capable of adhering to rules of the
        list, and I hope be understanding of my situation right now in terms
        of limited time. This list means a lot to many people (including me),
        so please... be considerate of each other and keep the list on topic
        and also I would appreciate your understanding of my own situation at
        this time. I hate being the "bad guy" and having to send these kind
        of messages!

        If someone sends an off topic message... and I am not around...
        please write to them privately and explain the situation. Also, since
        I open my hotmail account before I read list messages (I read them on
        the webpage ), feel free to write to me at maurasminis@...
        and let me know -- that would be quicker.

        Thank you all for your consideration and helping keep this a great
        list to research our roots!

        Maura
        Listowner