Re: [S-R] Sharing Ideas

  • JPasqua342@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002
      Fran:

      Great idea....................I do some quilting, but never did transfers and
      never would have tried to put freezer paper or fabric thru my printer!!

      Thanks,
      Joann

    • Fran M Roen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002
        Joann:

        This is an idea for your soft cover.

        I write craft books and am presently writing one called from film to
        fabric. When I heard of your idea i just had to share this with you.
        When my daughters graduated I wanted to make them a quilt with pictures
        they drew, report cards, poems and photos but found it hard and
        expensive. Until I remembered my grandmother would iron fabric on
        freezer paper and then cut out her shapes.

        Iron 100 % cotton fabric to Reynolds freezer paper. Trim to 8.5 x 11.
        Scan your images. and print them on the treated paper. The freezer
        paper makes the fabric firm enough to feed through your printer. Place a
        blotting pager on your ironing board. Set the printed paper face down
        and press to set ink. Once cooler, remove freezer paper. The fabric
        is flexible and we all know how hard it is to get ink out of clothes.

        Take Care
        Fran Roen

      • Fran M Roen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002
          Joann:

          Glad you like it. If your ever in a the market for any quilt books do a
          google search on my name and pick one up. :-)
          Never one to pass up a chance to push an idea :)

          Hope it works well for you.
          Take Care
          Fran Roen