Looking for roots of Pruzinsky & Lynch & McCluskey from Plavnica; also Sekelsky

  • barclaypenn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20 6:12 PM
      My maternal grandparents were from Plavnica and emigrated to eastern
      Pennsylvania and then settled in Buffalo, NY. Both were born around
      1890.

      My spelling will probably be off. My grandmother's name was Suska
      Christine Lynch (or Lynka). Her family was Lutheran. She was related
      to some people by the name of Sekelsky. Her sister Anna married a man
      named Vincent Parana....all from Plavnica. I saw my grandma's name at
      Ellis Island, but it was from the time she went back to Europe to
      settle an estate in the late 1920s, returning again to the U.S. My
      grandfather was her second husband, but she was married to him when
      she took this trip. She took their three children with her, one being
      my mother.

      My grandfather was Stephen (Paul I think) Pruzinsky. However, just
      before he died, he revealed that his father's father was an IRISH
      PRIEST! Apparently the priest was a missionary; had a baby by the
      housekeeper of the Catholic Church; and, legend has it, he was "run
      out of town."
      It is said that the priest's name was Stephen McClusky.
      My grandfather's father was given the surname "Angel" but it was
      considered sacriligious. Then, my grandfather, or his father, took
      the name of the man he worked for: Pruzinsky.

      Some more legend: my grandpa tended sheep in the Carpathian Mountains
      near Dracula's castle --- but I don't know which one.

      I would like to visit the Plavnica area, maybe next year (along with
      some other travel). I don't have a clue where to begin to search for
      records. Can anyone help? Has anyone ever heard this incredible
      story?