Re: [S-R] Death certifcates

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2002
      Do you have a location? Many cities have searchable databases for obituaries and death certificates -- some are rather current-ish.
      GoSlovakia@... wrote: How can I find information about a relative that died in the 90's?

      Goslovakia@...

    • John M.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 2002
        At 12:51 PM 6/13/02 -0400, you wrote:
        >How can I find information about a relative that died in the 90's?
        >
        >Goslovakia@...

        Where? In this country, there is the SSDI (Social Security Death Index),
        state and local vital records, etc.

        Janko
      • travel2001@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 13, 2002
          I believe it was a rural area just outside of Mihaloce.

        • Frank R. Plichta
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 13, 2002
            First of all I assume you mean in Slovakia, right?
            Second, If you mean 1790 or 1890 you could try the films at the Morman
            Church Family History Center if you know the family church and location in
            Slovakia.
            Thirdly, if you mean 1990, those records are still at the church in the
            Slovak community, you would have to write to them and see if they will send
            you the information.

            Everything is in the details!
            Good Luck.

            Frank R. Plichta
            "Searching the World for PLICHTAs"
            "Ja hl'adanie na celom svete za PLICHTA."
            "Das die Welt fuer PLICHTA suchen."
            "Je cherche le monde pour la famille PLICHTA."
            "Buscando el mundo por los PLICHTA."
            "Quaerere summa reum familia PLICHTA."
            I would appreciate receiving ANY information, about ANY Plichta, from ANY
            place, at ANY time in history.