Gavel and Sveda Genealogy

  • pgsister
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2002
      Looking for info on Gavel/Gawel and Sveda families. May have came
      from Erdes, Hungary or Spis Co. in 1903 to Pittsburgh PA. There may
      be a Martin Gavel still living in Europe somewhere.
      www.geocities.com/plewisgavel
    • John M.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2002
        At 02:41 AM 6/11/02 +0000, you wrote:
        >Looking for info on Gavel/Gawel and Sveda families. May have came
        >from Erdes, Hungary or Spis Co. in 1903 to Pittsburgh PA. There may
        >be a Martin Gavel still living in Europe somewhere.
        >www.geocities.com/plewisgavel

        There is a village called Lesnica that was known as Erdos in Spis county
        from 1907 to 1913. It's about 1 km south of the Polish border. I found a
        Jozef Gavel and Igor Sveda in Spis^ska Nova Ves which is about 70 miles
        south of Lesnica. There is a MUDr. Anton Gavel in Poprad, which is about
        60 miles southwest of Lesnica.

        John
      • patricia gavel
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 11, 2002