a "tip" to add to my success story

  • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2002
      I've been reminded by some reactions to my success story about not
      giving up (which I sent yesterday) of a -VERY- important point....

      Many people change email addresses often, and if you made postings and
      someone wants to connect to your old address, it will be a problem....

      I always advise people to post a "reply" message to message board
      postings they made (not just a new message, which will not be threaded
      in the archives), stating their new email address.

      For mailing lists, a message of something like "for the archives, my new
      email address is __ searching ____. " (don't just send a general "here's
      my new email" message - again it wont' get picked up if someone does a
      search on the surname/place from the archives)

      And , while I'm at it, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give out your address or
      phone/fax number in an email or posting -- you'd be surprised at how
      many rotten people are out there and have equipment to find those things
      and steal identies etc. (I've noticed some of you have your home
      address/phone or business address/phone in your signature line --- NOT a
      good idea!)

      Hope this things help someone.....

      Maura

      Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...