Re: Bartos

  • savedbygrace1996
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2002
      Hi Nathalie,

      Your post about Padina caught my eye. My ancestors migrated from the
      village of Abelova in Slovakia to Padina. Could you check your book
      for the name BABUCHNA?
      Thanks,
      Tracy

      > My parents have a book from their native village, Padina, in
      Vojvodine/Banat(Serbia). This book gives the name of the people who
      went to the US and those who moved to the South of the Empire. I must
      re-read that book (it is 400 pages written in Slovak)<
    • frankly1us
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2002
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "savedbygrace1996" <TracynPhillip@a...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Nathalie,
        >
        > Your post about Padina caught my eye. My ancestors migrated from
        the
        > village of Abelova in Slovakia to Padina. Could you check your
        book
        > for the name BABUCHNA?
        > Thanks,
        > Tracy
        >
        > > My parents have a book from their native village, Padina, in
        > Vojvodine/Banat(Serbia). This book gives the name of the people who
        > went to the US and those who moved to the South of the Empire. I
        must
        > re-read that book (it is 400 pages written in Slovak)<

        A'belová (Sk) Abelfalva (H) is located 108 miles east of
        Bratislava in the Luc^enec area of Slovakia.
        The Slovakia telephone directory lists a single surname Babuchna under
        Luc^enec.
        The R.C. parish church records (1755-1898) for A'belová are listed
        under Horny' Tisovník (2 churches)

        Padina was a Donauschwaben (German) village located in the Bánát
        region.
        Vojvodina (C) Vajdaság (H) Wojwodina (G) was a region which is now
        located in Serbia.
        In former Yugoslavia before the fall of Communism there were
        80,000 Slovaks.

        http://www.genealogienetz.de/reg/ESE/dsban-osb.html
        http://www.genealogienetz.de/privat/flacker/ortsmone.htm

        Village Names: