Re: Bartos

  • savedbygrace1996
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7 4:20 AM
      Hi Nathalie,

      Your post about Padina caught my eye. My ancestors migrated from the
      village of Abelova in Slovakia to Padina. Could you check your book
      for the name BABUCHNA?
      Thanks,
      Tracy

      > My parents have a book from their native village, Padina, in
      Vojvodine/Banat(Serbia). This book gives the name of the people who
      went to the US and those who moved to the South of the Empire. I must
      re-read that book (it is 400 pages written in Slovak)<
    • frankly1us
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8 8:44 AM
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "savedbygrace1996" <TracynPhillip@a...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Nathalie,
        >
        > Your post about Padina caught my eye. My ancestors migrated from
        the
        > village of Abelova in Slovakia to Padina. Could you check your
        book
        > for the name BABUCHNA?
        > Thanks,
        > Tracy
        >
        > > My parents have a book from their native village, Padina, in
        > Vojvodine/Banat(Serbia). This book gives the name of the people who
        > went to the US and those who moved to the South of the Empire. I
        must
        > re-read that book (it is 400 pages written in Slovak)<

        A'belová (Sk) Abelfalva (H) is located 108 miles east of
        Bratislava in the Luc^enec area of Slovakia.
        The Slovakia telephone directory lists a single surname Babuchna under
        Luc^enec.
        The R.C. parish church records (1755-1898) for A'belová are listed
        under Horny' Tisovník (2 churches)

        Padina was a Donauschwaben (German) village located in the Bánát
        region.
        Vojvodina (C) Vajdaság (H) Wojwodina (G) was a region which is now
        located in Serbia.
        In former Yugoslavia before the fall of Communism there were
        80,000 Slovaks.

        http://www.genealogienetz.de/reg/ESE/dsban-osb.html
        http://www.genealogienetz.de/privat/flacker/ortsmone.htm

        Village Names: