re- Novohrad County

  • eoneill34
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2002
      Hi John,
      Sorry I mispelled Horne Strhare. The information you have given me is
      a treasure trove. It will certainly help in locating the birth
      records of my Grandparents. Up til now I had now idea where to look
      and all LDS searches for Horne Strhare Slovakia netted me nothing.I
      always knew that they were near the Hungarian border, I just never
      considered the fact that it was actually part of Hungary when they
      were born. Maybe now I can get somewhere. Thanks a million.
    • John M.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2002
        At 09:26 PM 6/4/02 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hi John,
        >Sorry I mispelled Horne Strhare. The information you have given me is
        >a treasure trove. It will certainly help in locating the birth
        >records of my Grandparents. Up til now I had now idea where to look
        >and all LDS searches for Horne Strhare Slovakia netted me nothing.I
        >always knew that they were near the Hungarian border, I just never
        >considered the fact that it was actually part of Hungary when they
        >were born. Maybe now I can get somewhere. Thanks a million.

        Horne (upper) Strhare is in the Vel'ky' (large) Krtis^ okres (county) and
        the Banskobystricky' Kraj (region). I believe the Evangelical (Lutheran)
        church records are in Dolne Strhare parish office and Roman Catholic church
        records are with the Modry Kamen parish office. Unfortunately, a search of
        the family History Library online catalog did not show any listings for
        Dolne Strhare and Modry Kamen or Velky Krtis. Although I thought the LDS
        had microfilmed and made available the parish records for this area there
        is a possibility the parish records for this area have not been microfilmed
        yet, or have not been released yet. In that case, you might have to work
        through the Slovak archives in Banska Bystrica or Bratislava to get
        information.

        John