Re: [S-R] Old Novohrad County

  • John M.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2002
      At 07:13 AM 6/4/02 +0000, you wrote:
      >I am trying to find more information on this area of Slovakia.My
      >parents were from the village of Horne Sthare which I am told is in
      >the old Novohrad County. Does anyone know anything about this region?
      >I'd really appreciate any information.
      >Thanks,
      >Emily

      I could find no village by that name in Slovakia. I did find Horne Strhare
      and Horne Strhary listed. Horne Strhare, Novohrad was known as
      Felso-Esztergaly and Horni Strhary in 1808; Felsoesztergaly during
      1863-1913: Horne Strhare in 1920, Horne Strhary from 1927 to 1948 and Horne
      Strhare since 1948. Horna Strehova, Novohrad was known as Horne Strhare in
      1773.

      Novohrad is located in the south central area of Slovakia and definitely
      not remote. Horne Strhare is located in the red number 19 area at the
      second URL listed below. Do a search engine search on "Novohrad,
      Slovakia", etc. for more information.

      http://www.home.sk/web/mikro/sk/regiony.html

      http://www.home.sk/web/mikro/regiony/novohrad.html

      John