DAR and D?

  • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2002
      Several relatives in the Sabinov area were priests who officiated at
      baptisms, marriages and deaths.....

      One is consisitently referred to as DAR Petrus Murhay, parochus
      Hermanyensis (later parochus Michaloaisask).... I take it the last two
      words are other places where he was priest and came to Sabinov to
      officiate at occasions of family (sometimes he was godfather).

      What does DAR stand for?

      Some priests have that before their name, some don't. The one I know was
      something like the "head priest" at St. John the Baptist in Sabinov
      (August Mazalik) had that before his name, but other priests in the
      family don't. Guess it relates to something like bishop or something?

      D. is often before name of some of the "lower" nobility of the town
      which are my relatives... the ladies I think it stands for Domicilla?
      What about the men?

      Thanks,
      Maura

      Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...