Re: Petruska

  • SantiDClaireS@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2002
      Hi Maura, My grandmother's maiden name was Petruska. Of course, she was born
      just about a hundred years later circa 1856 which is an estimate from age 69
      given by Catholic Church when she died in 1925. The only other information I
      have from census is that she was born in Austria Hungary and was Slovak. My
      father said her name was Elizabeth and she is listed as such on death record
      and on census except 1900 where her name is Rosa. I know you are researching
      in 1700s but do you have any information on Petruskas in the middle to late
      1899s and early 1900s. She lived in Pennsylvania as far as I know from time
      of immigration in 1884 to death. Would appreciate any help you can provide.
      Sandy