Re: [S-R] More location help please!

  • Dr. Joe Quashnock
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2002
      Correction:

      Pe'csu'jfalu = Pec^ovska' Nova' Ves 4km northWEST of Sabinov, not northeast.

      Dr. "Q"

      "Dr. Joe Quashnock" wrote:

      > Jakabfalu = Jakubovany 3km east of Sabinov
      > Pechyfalu/Pechyinfalu?? Pe'csu'jfalu = Pec^ovska' Nova' Ves 4km northeast of
      > Sabinov
      > Epercpin/Epersin/Eperesin?? Eperjes = Pres^ov
      > Bercevieze/Berzeviece?? Berzevice = Brezovica 7 km west of Lipany, 17 km
      > northwest of Sabinov
      > Lukov - Lukov 13 km west of Bardejov, 20 km north of Sabinov; there is
      > national treasure wooden church there named St. Kozma and Damian.
      >
      > The spellings of the remaining places are ambigious.
      >
      > Dr. "Q"
      >
      > mpetzolt2@... wrote:
      >
      > > I have found the following locations noted as place of origin of some
      > > relatives who later moved to Sabinov, so can anyone help with correct
      > > spellings/current names to find records via LDS?
      > >
      > > Mysina/Mussina/Messina in Gallicia
      > >
      > > Epercpin/Epersin/Eperesin
      > >
      > > Pechyfalu/Pechyinfalu
      > >
      > > Bercevieze/Berzeviece
      > >
      > > Zambor in Gallicia
      > >
      > > Lybolin/Lyubolin
      > >
      > > Lukov
      > >
      > > Eyvanovitz in Moravia
      > >
      > > Also, in the Sabinov records, many locations of b,m,d are said to occur
      > > in Magyar-Jakabfalu which I guess is another village next to Sabinov
      > > covered by the same Catholic church? They seem to have had their own
      > > cemetery tho, and sometimes the location Orkuta is given, which also has
      > > it's own cemetery. I am trying to get all these locations straight in my
      > > head , especially as the families moved from one nearby place to
      > > another......
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Maura
      > >
      > > <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      > > Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...
      > > <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      > > SHAMROCK ROOTS homepage
      > > http://community.webtv.net/shamrockroots/SHAMROCKROOTS
      > >
      > > Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
      > > http://community.webtv.net/mpetzolt2/helpfulhints
    • marymaddock
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30, 2002
        Dear Maura,
        Mysina is Muszyna, Galicia and is located in Nowy Sacz district just north
        of the Polish-Slovak border in SE Poland. Epercpin is Eperjes, Lybolin is
        Lyubotin, in Saros megye, Hungary (now Stara Lubovna, Slovakia). Hope this
        helps.
        Mary M.