Re: [S-R] More location help please!

  • Dr. Joe Quashnock
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2002
      Jakabfalu = Jakubovany 3km east of Sabinov
      Pechyfalu/Pechyinfalu?? Pe'csu'jfalu = Pec^ovska' Nova' Ves 4km northeast of
      Sabinov
      Epercpin/Epersin/Eperesin?? Eperjes = Pres^ov
      Bercevieze/Berzeviece?? Berzevice = Brezovica 7 k west of Lipany, 17 km
      northwest of Sabinov
      Lukov - Lukov 13 km west of Bardejov, 20 km north of Sabinov; there is
      national treasure wooden church there named St. Kozma and Damian.

      The spellings of the remaining places are ambigious.

      Dr. "Q"

      mpetzolt2@... wrote:

      > I have found the following locations noted as place of origin of some
      > relatives who later moved to Sabinov, so can anyone help with correct
      > spellings/current names to find records via LDS?
      >
      > Mysina/Mussina/Messina in Gallicia
      >
      > Epercpin/Epersin/Eperesin
      >
      > Pechyfalu/Pechyinfalu
      >
      > Bercevieze/Berzeviece
      >
      > Zambor in Gallicia
      >
      > Lybolin/Lyubolin
      >
      > Lukov
      >
      > Eyvanovitz in Moravia
      >
      > Also, in the Sabinov records, many locations of b,m,d are said to occur
      > in Magyar-Jakabfalu which I guess is another village next to Sabinov
      > covered by the same Catholic church? They seem to have had their own
      > cemetery tho, and sometimes the location Orkuta is given, which also has
      > it's own cemetery. I am trying to get all these locations straight in my
      > head , especially as the families moved from one nearby place to
      > another......
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Maura
      >
      > <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      > Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...
      > <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      > SHAMROCK ROOTS homepage
      > http://community.webtv.net/shamrockroots/SHAMROCKROOTS
      >
      > Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
      > http://community.webtv.net/mpetzolt2/helpfulhints
    • Dr. Joe Quashnock
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30, 2002
        Correction:

        Pe'csu'jfalu = Pec^ovska' Nova' Ves 4km northWEST of Sabinov, not northeast.

        Dr. "Q"

        "Dr. Joe Quashnock" wrote:

        > Jakabfalu = Jakubovany 3km east of Sabinov
        > Pechyfalu/Pechyinfalu?? Pe'csu'jfalu = Pec^ovska' Nova' Ves 4km northeast of
        > Sabinov
        > Epercpin/Epersin/Eperesin?? Eperjes = Pres^ov
        > Bercevieze/Berzeviece?? Berzevice = Brezovica 7 km west of Lipany, 17 km
        > northwest of Sabinov
        > Lukov - Lukov 13 km west of Bardejov, 20 km north of Sabinov; there is
        > national treasure wooden church there named St. Kozma and Damian.
        >
        > The spellings of the remaining places are ambigious.
        >
        > Dr. "Q"
        >
        > mpetzolt2@... wrote:
        >
        > > I have found the following locations noted as place of origin of some
        > > relatives who later moved to Sabinov, so can anyone help with correct
        > > spellings/current names to find records via LDS?
        > >
        > > Mysina/Mussina/Messina in Gallicia
        > >
        > > Epercpin/Epersin/Eperesin
        > >
        > > Pechyfalu/Pechyinfalu
        > >
        > > Bercevieze/Berzeviece
        > >
        > > Zambor in Gallicia
        > >
        > > Lybolin/Lyubolin
        > >
        > > Lukov
        > >
        > > Eyvanovitz in Moravia
        > >
        > > Also, in the Sabinov records, many locations of b,m,d are said to occur
        > > in Magyar-Jakabfalu which I guess is another village next to Sabinov
        > > covered by the same Catholic church? They seem to have had their own
        > > cemetery tho, and sometimes the location Orkuta is given, which also has
        > > it's own cemetery. I am trying to get all these locations straight in my
        > > head , especially as the families moved from one nearby place to
        > > another......
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Maura
        > >
        > > <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
        > > Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...
        > > <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
        > > SHAMROCK ROOTS homepage
        > > http://community.webtv.net/shamrockroots/SHAMROCKROOTS
        > >
        > > Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
        > > http://community.webtv.net/mpetzolt2/helpfulhints
      • marymaddock
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30, 2002
          Dear Maura,
          Mysina is Muszyna, Galicia and is located in Nowy Sacz district just north
          of the Polish-Slovak border in SE Poland. Epercpin is Eperjes, Lybolin is
          Lyubotin, in Saros megye, Hungary (now Stara Lubovna, Slovakia). Hope this
          helps.
          Mary M.