Re: [S-R] Bartfa, Gallicia?

  • Dr. Joe Quashnock
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2002
      There is no reason to doubt the identity of Bardejov and Bartfa. The municipality, governmental district, etc. of Galicia is probably best described as Southern Poland. Bardejov is only 16 km south of the
      border. We visited Poland last summer by driving from Bardejov north through Zborov and Becherov to Sedlo Dujava' (the border town).

      Galicia was a large area of southern Poland and south western Ukraine running along the northern border of Slovakia from Os'wiecim (Auschwitz about 50 miles east of Krako'w) into the Ukraine to Brody (about 50
      miles east of Lviv [Lemberg]) and then south to the northern border of Romania. The southern and western borders run along the Carpathian Mountains.

      The films cost $3.25 to rent, if you don't find what you're looking for, you're out less than $4.00 and you will KNOW the answer then. However, it is possible that Bardejov is just a general reference and the
      records you are looking for are from Livov, Gerlackov, Kl'us^ov, or some other outlying area.

      Dr. "Q"