Bartfa, Gallicia?

  • mpetzolt
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2002
      I'm back inro my research again and need some help with a place I find referred to often as a birthplace of someone I am researching....

      In the records in Sabinov, the birthplace of Maria Vindegg is given alternately as Bartfa, sometimes Gallicia, sometimes Bartfa,Gallicia.

      Bartfa is evidently now Barjedov, -but- I am hesitant to order those films since the Gallicia part confuses me.... according to the LDS catalog, that is now Galizien Austria, so both can't be right, can they?

      I often see Gallicia listed in "nata" form of b,m, and death records in the Sabinov area... that is a rretty broad term... sometimes a village is listed with it, sometimes just that.

      Any opinions?
      Maura