Re: [S-R] Mondrosch

  • marymaddock
    Message 1 of 9 , May 5, 2002
      Hi John,
      Just FYI, I've come across a Chamilla family (also Khamila, Hamilla) in
      Greek Catholic church records in Circ, Slovakia.
      The family originated elsewhere, but there's no indication where.
      Mary M.

      Message 2 of 9 , May 5, 2002
        Thanks John , Yes it was Scholz I have a 1872 baptismal form of Maria Magdelana Scholz from Gneizda.Yes I did see that my grandmom (olga) and brothers and mom must have gone to Europe without their father and returned in 04 because the kids were born here.But how did you know that they were going to (husbands )I always found the ellis Island site I went to, it said "original Manefest? image not avalable" and type form didn't give much info. Am I do'in something wrong?
        thank you
        >I am finding all kinds of great stuff about "German" gg grands, but
        >still getting a blank on my grand-fathers people,John Mondrosch,
        >father same name,from Gnedza,

        >.Finding all of his wifes side,(Scholz)
        >but nothing on his?? Clues are born 1867, prussian guard.Father born
        >1835 wife Maria Hamilla . Larry

        Gnedza is now known as Hniezdne. A quick check of several towns and cities
        in the SK online phone directory did not produce any listings for Mondrosch
        or Hamilla or any names very close to them. Scholz and Scholtz were listed
        in Stara Lubovna, Spis^ska Stara and Nova Ves and Spis^ska Bela. There
        are many Scholtz and very few Scholz listings.

        The EIDB shows Maria Mondrosch and 3 children from Gnedza arriving on
        11/1/1904 and going to her husband in Philadelphia.

        John

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Larry Foy
        Message 3 of 9 , May 5, 2002
          No just going by internet info for now till I get more stuff before I go to LDS place!
          >I am finding all kinds of great stuff about "German" gg grands, but
          >still getting a blank on my grand-fathers people,John Mondrosch,
          >father same name,from Gnedza,.Finding all of his wifes side,(Scholz)
          >but nothing on his?? Clues are born 1867, prussian guard.Father born
          >1835 wife Maria Hamilla . Larry

          I'm assuming your looking at the FHC RC church records for Gnazda,
          1624-1952 (aka Gnedza, Hniezdne):

          FHL INTL Film [ 1739195 Items 3-6 ], FHL INTL Film [ 1739196 ], FHL INTL
          Film [ 1739197 Items 1-4 ]

          John

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Doris Weigner
          Message 4 of 9 , May 5, 2002
            Nancy:

            Below is my first message.

            Doris

            Hi Nancy:

            Did you used to live down on Beech Street--just below my aunt? My cousin,
            Donna Jeanne & I were talking recently about who lived in that neighborhood.
            Where do you live now? My husband and I live in Gilbertsville. I stayed in
            Pottstown and graduated from PHS in 1961.

            Doris Bodnar Weigner
          • Doris Weigner
            Message 5 of 9 , May 5, 2002
              I have no idea how this message appeared on this list. I was replying to
              another person. I guess I must have had the wrong message highlighted.

              Sorry!
            • John M.
              Message 6 of 9 , May 5, 2002
                At 09:17 PM 5/5/02 -0400, you wrote:
                >Thanks John , Yes it was Scholz I have a 1872 baptismal form of Maria
                >Magdelana Scholz from Gneizda.Yes I did see that my grandmom (olga) and
                >brothers and mom must have gone to Europe without their father and
                >returned in 04 because the kids were born here.But how did you know that
                >they were going to (husbands )I always found the ellis Island site I went
                >to, it said "original Manefest? image not avalable" and type form didn't
                >give much info. Am I do'in something wrong?
                > thank you

                That was a tricky one to find. If you
                use http://home.pacbell.net/spmorse/ellis/ellis.html to find the missing
                manifest and put in all the information it takes you to the ships that
                arrived on Nov. 1st and her ship, Friedrich der Grosse, was not
                listed. Going back to the next roll starting October 29th, still did not
                show the ship. The original manifest page, as you said, did not show the
                manifest but it did show the page and their number on the page. When you
                use the above site and the October 29th roll, put the page number in and it
                takes you to that page, which shows it is the Friedrich der Grosse and they
                are listed together. It also shows the street address in Philadelphia.

                If you wish, I can send you the .jpg files or post them in the Files area
                of S-R. It might be easier to understand.

                John

                John