Re: Weintraub, Bernstein, Kyhos, Cervenka and all the other li...

  • Rosamken@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 1999
      Joanne:

      I haven't been online in a while....where have you looked? What period of
      time are you looking for? Just to make you feel better, I have NEVER found a
      match with the Czechoslovakian name I am searching for. By just putting them
      on the Internet, doesn't mean that all your relatives are just going to fall
      in your lap. I find the search fascinating. I "lurk" for a while, and will
      copy and paste to a word processing program tidbits of information
      (interesting websites etc) for future use.

      I would suggest going to the following website
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~genclass/index.html

      I believe you have to register, and start by taking the elementary self-paced
      "lessons", There is even a site where I have downloaded a FREE software
      program from the Mormons....(They are really big on genealogy stuff)

      The fun of genealogy is in the "SEARCH" and the discovery. So remember just
      because you have decided to get involved in your family history....the search
      and the puzzle will begin. Remember to quiz all elderly family members....My
      dad is 79 and still living and he hold the KEY to his parents....and he
      "ain't" talking. So I continue on.

      I don't know if this is much help to you, but keep in touch and let me know
      what I can do to help....

      And to the list....I have several sites that I can offer to anyone that would
      like the help in their search...

      Good Luck to you and to all on the list....and God Bless
      Rosemary - Las Vegas
      Still searching for information on my Czech ancestor Minnie CERNY