Re: Bednarik & Valesko

  • frankly1us
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2002
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "mailetana" <flanders@h...> wrote:
      > Hi-
      >
      > I'm looking for any information on my Great-Great Grandparents
      > Joseph Bednarik and Anna Valesko
      >
      > Joseph was born in Fricovce, Slovakia on November 15, 1859
      >
      > Anna was born in Siroke, Slovakia on January 15, 1858
      >
      > They came to America sometime between Feb 1887 and Nov 1890 and
      > settled in Pennslyvania.
      >

      > Any info would be appreciated

      You didn't state surname religion which determines where church
      records are located.

      LDS filmed the R.C. parish church records (1819-1895) for
      S^iroké, Slovakia; formerly Siroka, Sáros megye (county), Hungary.
      Text in Latin and Hungarian.

      film #
      1794080
      1794081
      1794082
      1794083

      LDS filmed the R.C. parish church records (1788-1895) for
      Fric^ovce, Slovakia; formerly Frics, Sáros megye (county), Hungary.
      Text in Latin and Hungarian.

      film #
      1792103
      1792104

      Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

      LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS

      (Only the film headers are in Slovak)

      In Slovak the matriky (parish church records)
      Krstení = Baptisms (Christenings)
      Sobás^ení = Marriages
      Zomrelí = Deaths

      In Hungarian the matriky are titled anyakönyvek.
      Halottak Anyakönyve = Death Records

      In Latin the matriky are titled matricula.
      Matricula Baptisatorum = Baptism Records Matri=
      cula Copulatorum = Marriage Records Matricula D=
      efunctorum = Death Records =

      =
      =