Bednarik & Valesko

  • mailetana
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2002
      Hi-

      I'm looking for any information on my Great-Great Grandparents
      Joseph Bednarik and Anna Valesko

      Joseph was born in Fricovce, Slovakia on November 15, 1859

      Anna was born in Siroke, Slovakia on January 15, 1858

      They came to America sometime between Feb 1887 and Nov 1890 and
      settled in Pennslyvania.

      Any info would be appreciated
    • frankly1us
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 12, 2002
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "mailetana" <flanders@h...> wrote:
        > Hi-
        >
        > I'm looking for any information on my Great-Great Grandparents
        > Joseph Bednarik and Anna Valesko
        >
        > Joseph was born in Fricovce, Slovakia on November 15, 1859
        >
        > Anna was born in Siroke, Slovakia on January 15, 1858
        >
        > They came to America sometime between Feb 1887 and Nov 1890 and
        > settled in Pennslyvania.
        >

        > Any info would be appreciated

        You didn't state surname religion which determines where church
        records are located.

        LDS filmed the R.C. parish church records (1819-1895) for
        S^iroké, Slovakia; formerly Siroka, Sáros megye (county), Hungary.
        Text in Latin and Hungarian.

        film #
        1794080
        1794081
        1794082
        1794083

        LDS filmed the R.C. parish church records (1788-1895) for
        Fric^ovce, Slovakia; formerly Frics, Sáros megye (county), Hungary.
        Text in Latin and Hungarian.

        film #
        1792103
        1792104

        Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

        LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS

        (Only the film headers are in Slovak)

        In Slovak the matriky (parish church records)
        Krstení = Baptisms (Christenings)
        Sobás^ení = Marriages
        Zomrelí = Deaths

        In Hungarian the matriky are titled anyakönyvek.
        Halottak Anyakönyve = Death Records

        In Latin the matriky are titled matricula.
        Matricula Baptisatorum = Baptism Records Matri=
        cula Copulatorum = Marriage Records Matricula D=
        efunctorum = Death Records =

        =
        =