Re: [S-R] FIRST ROUND For Village/town/city information in Slovakia **FREE O...

  • John M.
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11, 2002
      At 09:33 AM 4/11/02 -0700, you wrote:
      >Thank you for the information. I was hoping that the parish register
      >files were
      >available in order to push the envelope a bit further back. I have used the
      >Bratislava archives to help establish a baseline familysummary report. They
      >have given me a report that goes back to the early 1700's. I was hoping
      >to find
      >other ancestors from the region. All of Terry's ancestors that we have found
      >have all been born and were married within a ten maike radius of Malacky.
      >
      >Fred

      It believe the records are at the parish office in Malacky. They
      list matriky for:

      births - 1672-1693, 1696-1895
      marriages - 1693-1895
      deaths - 1672-1674, 1693-1895

      I'm not certain about how you would obtain access to them. The address and
      phone number is:

      RÍMSKOKATOLÍCKY FARSKÝ ÚRAD
      Malacky, 901 01
      Slovak Republik