Re: [S-R] FIRST ROUND For Village/town/city information in Slovakia **FREE O...

  • Fred Corbett
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11, 2002
      Thank you for the information. I was hoping that the parish register files were
      available in order to push the envelope a bit further back. I have used the
      Bratislava archives to help establish a baseline familysummary report. They
      have given me a report that goes back to the early 1700's. I was hoping to find
      other ancestors from the region. All of Terry's ancestors that we have found
      have all been born and were married within a ten maike radius of Malacky.

      Fred

    • John M.
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 11, 2002
        At 09:33 AM 4/11/02 -0700, you wrote:
        >Thank you for the information. I was hoping that the parish register
        >files were
        >available in order to push the envelope a bit further back. I have used the
        >Bratislava archives to help establish a baseline familysummary report. They
        >have given me a report that goes back to the early 1700's. I was hoping
        >to find
        >other ancestors from the region. All of Terry's ancestors that we have found
        >have all been born and were married within a ten maike radius of Malacky.
        >
        >Fred

        It believe the records are at the parish office in Malacky. They
        list matriky for:

        births - 1672-1693, 1696-1895
        marriages - 1693-1895
        deaths - 1672-1674, 1693-1895

        I'm not certain about how you would obtain access to them. The address and
        phone number is:

        RÍMSKOKATOLÍCKY FARSKÝ ÚRAD
        Malacky, 901 01
        Slovak Republik