Re: [S-R] FIRST ROUND For Village/town/city information in Slovakia**FREE O...

  • Fred Corbett
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2002
      Thank you John for the information.. This is the same status as of 6 months ago

      Fred

      "John M." wrote:

      > At 09:11 PM 4/10/02 -0700, you wrote:
      > >Hello Do you know if the village of Malacky has been filmed and is
      > >available at the FHL
      >
      > I couldn't find any evidence that it has been microfilmed yet. If you go to:
      >
      > http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp
      >
      > and do a place search on Malacky you will get information on a book:
      >
      > "History of the parish of Malacky, Slovak Republic; formerly Malaczka,
      > Pozsony, Hungary.
      >
      > Subjects
      > Hungary, Pozsony, Malaczka - Church history
      > Slovakia, Malacky - Church directories
      >
      > Call Number - Location
      > 943.73/M1 K2h - FHL INTL Book
      >
      > I believe the microfilming in this area may be nearing completion but have
      > no idea when they'll be available. Maybe Frank K. has a better handle on this.
      >
      > John

    • Fred Corbett
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2002
        Thanks John I have seen the books that you speak of. The problem is that the
        Parish priest is reluctant to let any outsider handle the ledger and it is
        difficult to make copies of same. The priest was gracious enoough to let us make
        a copy of the page that contained the record of Terry's mother's birth.. For any
        other copies we were encouraged to go to Bratislava and do the lookup in the
        central archives.

        Thanks again - Fred