Re: [S-R] FIRST ROUND For Village/town/city information in Slovakia **FREE O...

  • Fred Corbett
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11 9:25 AM
      Thank you Sylvia. I am reasonabley up to date in Malacky. I wanted to be
      able have a greater detailed view of Malacky. I have visited there with my
      wife Terry, three time in the past eight years and we are current with the
      published data. I want to be able to review some of the information for the
      late 1600's if and when it becomes available. Terry's mother and father were
      born there and we trace them and their parents back to the early 1700's. All
      of here identified ancestors are from Malacky or the adjacent area.

      Fred

      sali777@... wrote:

      > >Fred Corbet wrote:
      >
      > >Hello Do you know if the village of Malacky has been filmed and is
      > >available at the FHL
      >
      > >Thank You
      >
      > >fred Corbett
      >
      > Dear Fred
      >
      > I come from Malacky and I will be going there in July. I will be
      > pleased to help with any enquiries if I can.
      >
      > Regards
      >

      > Sylvia

    • Fred Corbett
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 11 9:33 AM
        Thank you for the information. I was hoping that the parish register files were
        available in order to push the envelope a bit further back. I have used the
        Bratislava archives to help establish a baseline familysummary report. They
        have given me a report that goes back to the early 1700's. I was hoping to find
        other ancestors from the region. All of Terry's ancestors that we have found
        have all been born and were married within a ten maike radius of Malacky.

        Fred

      • John M.
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 11 12:53 PM
          At 09:33 AM 4/11/02 -0700, you wrote:
          >Thank you for the information. I was hoping that the parish register
          >files were
          >available in order to push the envelope a bit further back. I have used the
          >Bratislava archives to help establish a baseline familysummary report. They
          >have given me a report that goes back to the early 1700's. I was hoping
          >to find
          >other ancestors from the region. All of Terry's ancestors that we have found
          >have all been born and were married within a ten maike radius of Malacky.
          >
          >Fred

          It believe the records are at the parish office in Malacky. They
          list matriky for:

          births - 1672-1693, 1696-1895
          marriages - 1693-1895
          deaths - 1672-1674, 1693-1895

          I'm not certain about how you would obtain access to them. The address and
          phone number is:

          RÍMSKOKATOLÍCKY FARSKÝ ÚRAD
          Malacky, 901 01
          Slovak Republik