Re: [S-R] FIRST ROUND For Village/town/city information in Slovakia **FREE O...

  • John M.
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 10 9:36 PM
      At 09:11 PM 4/10/02 -0700, you wrote:
      >Hello Do you know if the village of Malacky has been filmed and is
      >available at the FHL

      I couldn't find any evidence that it has been microfilmed yet. If you go to:

      and do a place search on Malacky you will get information on a book:

      "History of the parish of Malacky, Slovak Republic; formerly Malaczka,
      Pozsony, Hungary.

      Subjects
      Hungary, Pozsony, Malaczka - Church history
      Slovakia, Malacky - Church directories

      Call Number - Location
      943.73/M1 K2h - FHL INTL Book

      I believe the microfilming in this area may be nearing completion but have
      no idea when they'll be available. Maybe Frank K. has a better handle on this.

      John
    • frankly1us
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 11 2:34 AM
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., Fred Corbett <fhcorbett@e...> wrote:
        > Hello Do you know if the village of Malacky has been filmed and is
        > available at the FHL
        >
        > Thank You
        >
        > fred Corbett

        Malacky (Sk) Malaczka (H) is located 20 miles NNW of Bratislava.

        The LDS-Mormons have filmed all the parish church records at six
        of the seven Slovak State Archives in Slovakia.

        They haven't filmed the Bratislava Archives as yet !

        R.C. parish church do exist for Malacky (1696-1895), but not through
        the LDS-Mormons.

        This is what the LDS does after filming the parish church records.
        The films are first sent for quality control checking in Germany and
        only then are returned to the U.S.
        It may be several years (or longer) after the actual filming that microfilm=
        are back and are copied at SLC FHL and then are available for distribution =
        the various local LDS FHCs when requested by researchers.

        As to catalog, am informed there are also three different sets of film
        catalogs besides the online catalog dated August 2001.
        Two are on Family History Library CD-ROMS available for purchase ?
        Each local LDS FHC also had its own set of catalog CD-ROMS.
        Confusing ?

        You have two choices.

        1) Contact the Bratislava Archives to research your surnames.

        You can write the Main Archives (Archív hlavného mesta Bratislavy)
        to research your surname records.
        Their narrative research report will be written in Slovak, not English.
        If you don't know Slovak you would need to get their research report
        translated.

        There are three different rates.
        Clerical, the cheapest, the basic research, and the most difficult, the
        more expensive.
        They will do research you request then send you a bill which you must
        pay before they send the information.

        http://www.netway.at/ihff/c.htm

        2) Contact the Embassy of the Slovak Republic for genealogical research.

        http://www.iarelative.com/embassy.htm

        > "John M." wrote:
        >
        > > At 10:13 PM 4/10/02 -0400, you wrote:
        > > >hi
        > > >i am interested in the village of BENEDIKO. my grandpa was born there.=

        > > >thanks
        > > >steve
        > >
        > > The village of Benadovo was known as Benediko from 1863 to 1913. It is=

        > > located in Western Slovakia not too far from the Polish border. What w=
        as
        > > your grandfather's surname?
        > >
        > > The Roman Catholic church records for Benadovo have been microfilmed by=
        the
        > > LDS and can be ordered through your local LDS Family History Library.
        > >
        > > Topic Hungary, Árva, Benediko - Church records
        > >
        > > Titles Cirkevná matrika, 1764-1897 Cirkev rímsko-katolícka. Farský úr=
        ad
        > > Oravské Veselé (Námestovo)
        > >
        > > VAULT INTL Film [ 2004588 Items 5-6 ]
        > > FHL INTL Film [ 2004589 Items 1-7 ]
        > >
        > > John

        s/
      • Fred Corbett
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 11 9:25 AM
          Thank you Sylvia. I am reasonabley up to date in Malacky. I wanted to be
          able have a greater detailed view of Malacky. I have visited there with my
          wife Terry, three time in the past eight years and we are current with the
          published data. I want to be able to review some of the information for the
          late 1600's if and when it becomes available. Terry's mother and father were
          born there and we trace them and their parents back to the early 1700's. All
          of here identified ancestors are from Malacky or the adjacent area.

          Fred

          sali777@... wrote:

          > >Fred Corbet wrote:
          >
          > >Hello Do you know if the village of Malacky has been filmed and is
          > >available at the FHL
          >
          > >Thank You
          >
          > >fred Corbett
          >
          > Dear Fred
          >
          > I come from Malacky and I will be going there in July. I will be
          > pleased to help with any enquiries if I can.
          >
          > Regards
          >

          > Sylvia

        • Fred Corbett
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 11 9:33 AM
            Thank you for the information. I was hoping that the parish register files were
            available in order to push the envelope a bit further back. I have used the
            Bratislava archives to help establish a baseline familysummary report. They
            have given me a report that goes back to the early 1700's. I was hoping to find
            other ancestors from the region. All of Terry's ancestors that we have found
            have all been born and were married within a ten maike radius of Malacky.

            Fred

          • John M.
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 11 12:53 PM
              At 09:33 AM 4/11/02 -0700, you wrote:
              >Thank you for the information. I was hoping that the parish register
              >files were
              >available in order to push the envelope a bit further back. I have used the
              >Bratislava archives to help establish a baseline familysummary report. They
              >have given me a report that goes back to the early 1700's. I was hoping
              >to find
              >other ancestors from the region. All of Terry's ancestors that we have found
              >have all been born and were married within a ten maike radius of Malacky.
              >
              >Fred

              It believe the records are at the parish office in Malacky. They
              list matriky for:

              births - 1672-1693, 1696-1895
              marriages - 1693-1895
              deaths - 1672-1674, 1693-1895

              I'm not certain about how you would obtain access to them. The address and
              phone number is:

              RÍMSKOKATOLÍCKY FARSKÝ ÚRAD
              Malacky, 901 01
              Slovak Republik