FIRST ROUND For Village/town/city information in Slovakia ** FREE Offer **

  • Frank R. Plichta
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2002
      Slovak-Roots:

      Your response has been wonderful. In this first round, I have received
      requests for information for more than 30 villages/towns/cities. I'll take
      the requests in the order in which I received them.

      Procedurally this is what will happen:
      1. I'll lookup the location. Hopefully your spelling is accurate
      enough for me to find the correct village. If I have trouble I'll email you
      the closest spelling options.
      2. At the same time I'll tell you some basis information about the
      location, such as name changes since 1700, population and describe how long
      the article is. Some larger cities include 12-18 pages of information.
      Smaller villages might be only 2-3 column inches. Some entries include
      photographs.
      3. If you want a photocopy of a map, I have a 1:200,000 scale map of
      Slovakia that gives good detail and shows the surrounding terraine.
      Sometimes knowing the neighboring villages is helpful information.
      4. I also will include a two page description of the kind of
      information that is included in each paragraph, remember the books are in
      Slovak. You can then decide if you want to try to get it translated.
      5. Once we know how many pages need to be mailed I can estimate the
      postage required on your SASE. Please use a #10 envelope.

      Thanks for being patient. I'll send mail privately as soon as I find
      something.

      Frank R. Plichta
      plichta@... <mailto:plichta@...>
      "Searching the World for PLICHTAs"
      I would appreciate receiving ANY information about ANY Plichta, from ANY
      place, at ANY time in history.