Re: Vysne Repase or Nizne Repase RE: [S-R] Repaca (spelling??)

  • Dolores garvis
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2002
      Thank you.
      Those two villages are listed on the map I have. Good to know the population. The spelling of Repaca I got was from a document completed in 1956. But who knows, he may have just tried to spell it from memory or as it sounded to him.
      I'm not familiar with the name Plichta. But should I come across any information I'll let you know.
      DMG
      From: Larry Foy <foyboy99@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Saturday, April 06, 2002 5:23 PM

      just north of Levoca west of kesmark
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2002
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Dolores garvis" <garvisd@s...> wrote:
        > Thank you.
        > Those two villages are listed on the map I have. Good to know the
        population. The spelling of Repaca I got was from a document
        completed in 1956. But who knows, he may have just tried to spell it
        from memory or as it sounded to him.
        > I'm not familiar with the name Plichta. But should I come across
        any information I'll let you know.
        > DMG

        Frank R. Plichta made subscribers a very generous offer.

        Inexpensive used copies of Vlastivedny' Slovník Obcí na
        Slovensku may be found in Bratislava if you can travel
        to Slovakia.

        However, one researcher on the WWW sells the (new) 3 volumes
        for five hundred and seventy-five dollars (US$ 575.00)

        D'akujem Vám vel'mi pekne

        Interesting region near Spis^ská Nová Ves.
        Germans, Slovaks, Rusyns, Croatians, Hungarians, and Poles.
        Don't know which group settled here first in 12th, 14th, and 16th
        centuries.

        Early in the 15th c the 16 towns in northern S^pis^ region (including
        Stará L'ubovn^a (S) O'lubló (H) and Vel'ké Sulín - were
        mortgaged to Poland, under whose rule they remained 1412-1772.

        Polish uses the letter W pron. V.
        In Slovak the letter V is pron. V.

        Hungarian English Slovak grammatical form
        kis little malá/malé/maly'
        nagy large vel'ká/vel'ké/vel'ky'
        felso" upper horná/horné/horny'
        alsó lower dolná/dolné/dolny'
        felso" upper vys^ná/vys^né/vys^ny'
        alsó lower niz^ná/niz^né/niz^ny'

        Hungarian English Polish grammatical form
        kis little mal~a/mal~e/mal~y
        nagy large wielka/wielke/wielki
        felso" upper górna/górne/górny
        alsó lower dolna/dolne/dolny

        The LDS-Mormons have filmed the R.C. parish church records
        (1760-1896) for Vy^sné Repas^e, Slovakia, formerly known as
        Felso"-Répás, Szepes megye (county), Hungary.
        Includes Niz^né Repas^e.
        Text in Latin and Hungarian.

        film #
        1791923
        1791924

        Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

        LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS

        (Only the film headers are in Slovak)
        In Slovak the matriky (parish church records)
        Krstení = Baptisms (Christenings)
        Sobás^ení = Marriages
        Zomrelí = Deaths

        In Hungarian the matriky are titled anyakönyvek.

        Halottak Anyakönyve = Death Records

        In Latin the matriky are titled matricula.
        Matricula Baptisatorum = Baptism Records
        Matricula Copulatorum = Marriage Records
        Matricula Defunctorum = Death Records

        Frank Kurcina

        Service.

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor