Vysne Repase or Nizne Repase RE: [S-R] Repaca (sp elling??)

  • Frank R. Plichta
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7 11:24 AM
      Dolores Garvis

      I had some trouble with your request for information about Repaca until I
      say the message from Larry Foy who mentioned where it was located.

      What I found there is really Vysne Repase

      According to the 3 volume set of books Vlastivedny Slovnik Obci na Slovensku
      "Country Dictionary Now and Then on Slovakia", Prepared by: Encyclopedic
      Institute of the Slovak Academy of Science, 1977, Bratislava, I can tell you
      the following about Vysne Repase.

      There have been several name changes to the village over the years.
      Following is a list of the names used and the year in which each was first
      used:
      1323 Keeth Repas
      1342 Kysrepach
      1343 Wyrepach
      1344 Wyaudas
      1400 Wywagas al. n. Repas
      1773 Wisne Repasse
      1786 Welke Repasse
      1920 Vysne Repase, Hungarian name was Felsorepas

      The village is located in county or Zupa Spisska; okres Levoca, kraj Kosice
      until 1960, then okres Spisska Nova Ves, kraj Vychodoslovensky.

      Various census report the following populations in the years shown:
      1869 596
      1880 591
      1890 470
      1900 433
      1910 396
      1921 363
      1930 393
      1940 414
      1948 381
      1961 413
      1970 391

      The village is 948 hectares in size

      Just 3KM up the road to the North East is the town of Nizne Repase

      Again the name has changed over time with the following names first used in
      the years shown:
      1270 Repach
      1311 Repas
      1323 Keeth Repas
      1342 Nagrepach
      1399 Repach Inferior
      1417 Alsorepas
      1773 Nizne Repasse
      1786 Male Repasse
      1920 Nizne Repase

      The county information is the same as above.

      The population changes were as follows:
      1869 684
      1880 702
      1890 660
      1900 559
      1910 553
      1921 550
      1930 584
      1940 626
      1948 564
      1961 544
      1970 436

      The village area is 855 hectares.

      If you would like additional information about the two villages see my other
      message about Village/town/city information in Slovakia ** FREE Offer **
      Which I will rebroadcast immediately following this message.

      Frank R. Plichta
      "Searching the World for PLICHTAs"

      From: Larry Foy <foyboy99@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>