Re: Weintraub, Bernstein, Kyhos, Cervenka and all the other li...

  • JArcher360@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 1999
      Can you do an instant replay of your previous message.
    • JArcher360@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 1999
        Don't forget the wealth of information that can be gathered from church and
        synagogue records. Also try the website Shtetl : Memorial. It gives some
        hints on eastern European ancestry searching.
      • Rosamken@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 1999
          Joanne:

          I haven't been online in a while....where have you looked? What period of
          time are you looking for? Just to make you feel better, I have NEVER found a
          match with the Czechoslovakian name I am searching for. By just putting them
          on the Internet, doesn't mean that all your relatives are just going to fall
          in your lap. I find the search fascinating. I "lurk" for a while, and will
          copy and paste to a word processing program tidbits of information
          (interesting websites etc) for future use.

          I would suggest going to the following website
          http://www.rootsweb.com/~genclass/index.html

          I believe you have to register, and start by taking the elementary self-paced
          "lessons", There is even a site where I have downloaded a FREE software
          program from the Mormons....(They are really big on genealogy stuff)

          The fun of genealogy is in the "SEARCH" and the discovery. So remember just
          because you have decided to get involved in your family history....the search
          and the puzzle will begin. Remember to quiz all elderly family members....My
          dad is 79 and still living and he hold the KEY to his parents....and he
          "ain't" talking. So I continue on.

          I don't know if this is much help to you, but keep in touch and let me know
          what I can do to help....

          And to the list....I have several sites that I can offer to anyone that would
          like the help in their search...

          Good Luck to you and to all on the list....and God Bless
          Rosemary - Las Vegas
          Still searching for information on my Czech ancestor Minnie CERNY