Re: [S-R] George Girman

  • John M.
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2002
      At 09:42 PM 3/2/02 +0000, you wrote:
      >information on the town. My dad told me that my great grandfather
      >said that it was a one-day travel to 5 countries. My dad also told me
      >that he was quite a story teller.
      >
      > Thank you Scott Girman

      Joe answered your primary question but I thought I'd mention that if he
      just stayed at home, several of the countries would have come to him. I
      had a cousin who was born near Bardejov in 1914 and died there in 2000. He
      was born in Upper Hungary, it became Czechoslovakia after WWI, Slovakia
      after 1939, under German control during the latter part of WWII,
      Czechoslovakia after WWII, Under Russian control a bit later and then in
      1993 it became the Slovak Republic.

      You might do a Google search on Hrc^el to see if there is anything of
      interest to you. For some reason I had to use the spelling Hrce instead of
      Hrcel to get Mapquest and Expedia to locate the village, which is south of
      Trebisov.

      John